Charles Rowley, son of Joshua Rowley, was born on 16 Dec 1770 and died in Brighton on 10 Oct 1845. He served in the Royal Navy.
Sons who served as naval officers: Richard Freeman Rowley, Burton Rowley and Robert Hibbert Bartholomew Rowley
Knight Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath (KCB) in Jan 1815
Entered Navy (1785)
VAdm W (1830)
Younger brother of Bartholomew Samuel Rowley. Cousin of Josias Rowley and Samuel Campbell Rowley. Uncle of Joshua Ricketts Rowley. Son-in-Law of Richard King.
• C-in-C Jamaica (1820–May 1823)
• Groom of the Bed Chamber to King William IV (23 Nov 1832)
• Commissioner of the Admiralty (Dec 1834–April 1835)
• Good Service Pension of £300 per annum (1 Sept 1837)
• Wife, Elizabeth, died (11 Jan 1838).
GM: DOD (13 Oct 1845)/POD